MINNESOTA 97.5 HAPPENINGS!
Upcoming Events and Happenings in Rochester and Southern Minnesota (updated 6-23-2020)
• It’s the Creepy Doll Contest Live at the History Center. Come see the Creepy dolls and cast your vote. The eerie Creepy Dolls have risen once more to save Halloween 2020 from stay at home boredom. For more details contact the History Center of Olmsted County on Facebook.
• There is a free parking program in the Rochester Downtown area until October 31st. You can shop downtown, explore and enjoy a favorite restaurant. To learn more visit DowntownRochesterMN.com/Free Parking
• Make plans to join in for the Heroes Breakfast 2020 for the Boys and Girls Club of Rochester On Nov 18th 5:30 AM - 7:00 AM. Heroes don't give up when times get tough and Boys & Girls Club doesn't either! We know that we can't get together in person right now so we are partnering with our friends at KIMT TV to bring the Heroes Breakfast right to your living room and compute! We're excited to bring this one of a kind experience to you to celebrate Heroes in our community! Visit www.bgclubroch.org/donate for more information.
• Pandemic Pictures - Dates: August 14, 2020 - November 13, 2020 Weekly on Fridays. Location: History Center of Olmsted County
• Yoga on the Patio - Presented By: Rochester Art Center + Yoga Tribe. October 24th at the Rochester Art Center (40 Civic Center Drive SE, Rochester) Call (507) 282-8629.
• Oct 10th-17th you can help support Legal Assistance of Olmsted County in Rochester. Take a walk or run with a friend and help if you can. LAOC helps low income people navigate civil legal matters. With the Covid pandemic and poverty they are serving 30 % more people at this time. Visit LAOCMN.org for more information.
• Hy-Vee announced that it will be offering free COVID-19 testing at 11 of its pharmacy locations, including at a Rochester location. The tests will be administered through the Hy-Vee pharmacy drive-thru testing process. Hy-Vee said individuals don't need to have symptoms of COVID-19 to be tested, but they have to register online to receive a test a test voucher number, appointment time and a testing site. Go to Hy-vee on facebook for more info.
• Sunday Oct 25th at 1pm you can take a walk and see some of beautiful art work in Rochester. Join the Public Art Walking Tour with the Rochester Art Center. To learn more go to www.evenbrite.com
• The Mayo Clinic Blood Center is in need of life-saving blood product. If you are healthy and well you can help. Schedule your appointment today they are open Mon-Friday 6:00am to 4:30pm call 284-4475
• The National Eagle Center is open for your enjoyment. You can learn about the majestic eagle. You will see exhibits on their behavior, nesting, and of course you will see real eagles. To learn more visit nationaleaglecenter.org
• There are many outdoor adventures all around us. Take a trip to Silver Lake, Quarry Hill or Oxbow Park or one of the many other area parks
• If you are looking for the latest information on Covid a great resource is the MN Department of Health Website. That address is health.state.us
Let us know if your organization or business is doing something to help through the pandemic or having and event by emailing Studio@MN975.COM